Mininova offers search-based feeds i.e. RSS feeds that can be generated according to some optional parameters.
Mininova has two basic feed URLS; one is the global RSS feed at http://mininova.org/rss.xml. The second is the RSS feed for a search, found at http://mininova.org/rss/search+terms. Incidentally, I'm a big fan of their 'clean' URLs; very easy to use and very intuitive.
Starting with the global feed, parameters that can be passed are:
- cat : The category of the torrent. For example, 'Movies' are category 4.
- sub : The sub-category. For example, 'Action' movies are sub-category 1 while 'Animation' movies are 29. The sub-categories aren't necessarily in sequential order. Sub-category 2 is 'Trance/ House/ Dance' under the 'Music' category.
- user : The user name. For example, 'aXXo'. Case-insensitive, so you could use 'axxo' or 'AXXO'.
- num : The number of results you want returned. The default count is 20 items.
- direct : This is a new addition and doesn't take a value. It replaces the link of the feed item with the actual download URL ( you know, the one you see stating 'Download this torrent!' ) so that when you click on it, the download starts instead of you being taken to the 'General Information' page of the torrent.
- cat takes precedence over the others
- user is ignored if either cat or sub is used
- direct can be used with any of the others, either as the first parameter ( ?direct ) or at the end ( ?cat=1&direct )
- Spaces are replaced by +'s
- You can filter a category by simply adding the category number at the end of the URL like http://mininova.org/rss/search+terms/2
- Sub-categories don't seem to work, I was getting weird results with URLs like http://mininova.org/rss/search+terms?sub=35 or http://mininova.org/rss/search+terms?cat=35